Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Could Eating at McDonald's Help Save the Environment?

My colleague sent me a document today entitled "Global Best of Green 2009. Building Better Business through Effective Environment Practices Across the World" with the McDonald's golden arches logo beneath.

This had to be a joke circling the net.  No, it was real. Then the NY'er in me oozed freely as I glanced through it. Of course I viewed it with significant skepticism.

I soon started writing a blog on how stupid they must be if they expected us to believe them.  Come on, McDonald's claiming to be green?  I read their ebook looking for specific examples where they were trying to fool me.  I began dissecting suspiciously written sentences.  I looked at the shiny happy people photographed throughout the document and said to myself, "You can't fool me!"

I finished reading.  I'm now considering buying stock in McDonalds. Did I simply drink their McMarketing or could McDonald's actually be a model for fast food truly going green?

You be the judge and post your opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment